1013 meters in length, with an area of 8 hectares pool of San Alfonso del Mar resort in Algarrobo, Chile can rightly be considered the biggest in the world. Officially, this is confirmed by the Guinness Book of Records in December 2006.
A. In the basin of a huge amount of water - 250 million liters, and its area is roughly the area of six thousand (!) 8-meter pools.
Two. Located a miracle, about 90 km from Santiago, Chile. This is a favorite attraction as Chileans and tourists from around the world.
Three. In 1997, the chairman and founder Fernando Fishman decided to develop tourism real estate project of San Alfonso del Mar in Algarrobo - a small town on the central coast of Chile.
6. Water on the Chilean coast is cold, inhospitable and dangerous (bathing is forbidden), so it was hard to imagine how the project can be successful and different from existing ones.
9. To solve this dilemma, Mr. Fishman thought about creating a huge lagoon with crystal clear water, which would give the hotel guests the opportunity to swim and enjoy water sports in a safe and clean environment, and warm waters.
11. He has traveled the globe in search of technology that would help him make the dream a reality.
12. However, the technology simply did not exist. The only available option was to create a huge, but the traditional swimming pool, but it was not profitable to any technological or economic terms.
13. The decision came in the form of world patent (registered under number # 43534) and the new company under the name «Crystal Lagoons Technology».
14. The technology, which was built by the pool, has a world patent.
16. By and large, technology, collects and filters water from the ocean, keeping the temperature of 9 degrees warmer than the ocean (in the summer, of course).
17. Founder and Chairman Fishman - a biochemist by training, he invented a technology that helps to create a 'lagoon limitless dimensions "with crystal clear water and a very reduced cost of maintenance of swimming pools.
19. The company estimates that the cost of building the pool of 400 000 U.S. dollars per hectare for a typical lagoon on 5 hectares (not including the cost of land development and related services) and operating expenses - about $ 4,000 per month, including energy, workers and various additives.