All of us often to see the titles of articles on drug names such as cocaine, methamphetamine and heroin. But today there are many other drugs, which in some countries is absolutely legal. So for example the number of deaths from overdose of painkillers in the U.S. exceeds the number of deaths from overdose of cocaine and heroin combined. Most of these products are sold exclusively by prescription, but a growing number of legal and illegal sales (to recall a recent attempt suicide Demi Moore) has attracted the attention of health authorities and law enforcement. Here are the seven most dangerous legal drugs.
See also issue - Museum of Drugs in Mexico
(Total 7 photos)
1. "Bath Salts"
Forget about relaxing bathing: effects of the drug is comparable to the effects of cocaine and methamphetamine. In 2011, the U.S. Department of Health banned the use of mephedrone, the active ingredient in most types of salts, but manufacturers simply changed the formula. (Paul J. Richards, AFP / Getty Images)
2. SalviaSmoking dried salvia - a plant that is grown in Mexico and Central America - leads to hallucinations and "psychedelic changes in visual perception, mood and feelings," like LSD. The only difference is that the effect of salvia lasts no more than 30 minutes. (Carlos Osorio)
3. Synthetic marijuanaThe labels say "not for human consumption," but these labels do not discourage smokers "Spice" and "K2" - synthetic substitutes marijuana. The prohibitions of active ingredients has led only to a change in the formula of the drug, but not to stop its production. (Douglas R. Clifford, St. Petersburg Times / Zuma)
4. Cough syrupThis is not about the intended end use, and about the use of high doses, which leads to euphoria, speech and dizziness. In combination with alcohol active ingredient - dextromethorphan (DXM) - a particularly dangerous. There is a syrup, DXM in the composition of which is not included. (Photodisc / Getty Images)
5. Amyl nitrate and butyl, "Flapper"Amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate in medicine used to relieve pain in my heart. As a drug it is taken as a sexual stimulant, which can be received without a prescription.
6. Nitrous oxide, "laughing gas"
Nitrous oxide is sold in small metal containers - the same gas that dentists use in operations. It is especially popular among teenagers and they supposedly poisoned by Demi Moore. (Jvoves / Flickr)
7. Paint thinner
Inhalation of diluent, petrol or glue leads to dizziness and hallucinations, but it causes brain damage, depression and even death in overdose. (Getty Images)