In Tarragona, Catalonia, held every two years, the competition among teams of Spain to build human towers.
6000 spectators had come to see this event, which was held at the old arena for bullfights.
Task teams to build the highest tower of the people.
Teams compete for first place in several categories, divided by the complexity of the towers.
3. It is believed that this is derived from the Catalan tradition of building human towers at the end of XVIII century, and then they created a dance group.
4. The construction of these towers is an integral part of the Catalan culture.
5. This tradition for over 200 years.
6. Each tower - Castello - is building a team, which is called call. The team consists of 75-500 men and women.
7. The youngest participants and light teams go into the top of the tower, and the strongest and most difficult - its base.
8. Usually tower consists of 6-10 levels.
9. This event is very popular among both locals and tourists alike.
10. This tradition is even included in the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.