Scandals are sold. And, well. In the ongoing battle on the magazine market, where conspicuous cover plays a huge role, these magazine covers have broken all records. While all of these covers have caused much controversy for many reasons, all of which have attracted the attention of the public. And they left a negative or a positive impression, the reader to decide.
1. Adolf Hitler: The Personality of the Year, in 1938, the magazine «Time».Cover has caused a lot of controversy for obvious reasons. "Personality of the Year" - the number of the «Time», which comes out once a year and is dedicated to a person, group or idea that "for better or worse most strongly influenced by the events of the year." Here is a clipping from the magazine, "September 29, 1938, an important event - four policy met in Munich, to redraw the map of Europe. The three of them were British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, French Prime Minister Edouard Daladier and dictator Benito Mussolini in Italy. But, oddly enough, a major figure in Munich was Adolf Hitler. "
See also issue - Time Magazine cover shocked the audience with a nursing mother
2. Nude and pregnant Demi Moore, in August 1991, the magazine «Vanity Fair»
She filmed the famous photographer Annie Leibovitz. Demi Moore was the first celebrity to appear on the cover of a naked and pregnant. When she was 28, she was still married to Bruce Willis, and they were waiting for their second child in the same month. Later copied the famous pose of other stars, including Cindy Crawford, Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson.
3. John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1980, the magazine «Rolling Stone»More cult was another photo Annie Leibovitz for the cover of the magazine «Rolling Stone» John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Apparently originally Leibovitz wanted to remove one of Lennon, but he insisted on the presence of his wife. This photo was taken just hours before Lennon's murder in New York on 8 December 1980.
4. "God is dead?" - The magazine «Time», April 8, 1966This title is "Dead God?" Many considered offensive. The paper discussed the radical movement "Death of God", which appeared in the 1960s. It was also the first time that the cover was only used the title, without a photo. This cover has brought to the journal most letters in the history of its existence.
5. The first African-American woman on the cover of the magazine «Playboy» in 1971Darin Stern became the first African-American to appear on the cover of the magazine «Playboy». Taken by Richard Figley, at the time the choice to take on the cover of dark-skinned model was rare.
See also issue - Sexuality and beauty for 50 years
6. Prison picture O. Jay Simpson, the magazine «Time», June 27, 1994In 1994, footballer Jay O. Simpson was accused of murdering his wife Nicole Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman. This case was called one of the "disclosed" in American history. The problem with the cover of the magazine is that the editors allegedly made Jay O. darker and more sinister than it actually is. Unmodified photograph was published on the cover of «Newsweek» (below).
8. Obama family, the magazine «The New Yorker», July 21, 2008Scandalous cover - picture artist Barry Blitt, who presented a frightening satire and disinformation tactics used in the campaign of Obama.
9. Ellen DeGeneres, the magazine «TIME», April 14, 1997While the cover with the statement, "Yes, I am a lesbian", even from a television celebrity was more than scandalous. After that, many TV channels have decided to remove the air transmission Ellen DeGeneres. At the time, she was the only presenter, who was not afraid to admit his homosexuality.
10. "Caught in the loop", the magazine «Golfweek», January 19, 2008Scandalous magazine cover «Golfweek» came after reporter Kelly Tilghman criticized Tiger Woods during the broadcast of the tournament January 4, 2008. In earnest co-lead of Nick Faldo that young players should "unite against the" Woods, Tilghman said, "and gave him a lynching in a dark alley." Magazine cover article on this subject so criticized that the editor resigned the next day.
11. Photos of Michael Jackson's death - the magazine «OK! Weekly », June 2009The public has criticized the magazine for this supposedly last picture of Michael Jackson in life. Apparently it was bought for $ 500,000 and has appeared in the "official" magazine column. "This picture should not leave people indifferent - said editor Sarah Ivens in defense. - This image pays tribute to a great man, but also a reminder of the fact that he was an eccentric and led a controversial life. "
12. Princess Diana on the cover of «Newsweek», July 4, 2011On this controversial magazine cover «Newsweek» depicts Princess Diana, "transferred" to the cover with the help of computer technology, next to this photo Catherine Middleton. Diana died in a car accident in 1997, in 2011, she would be 50. In April 2011, Catherine Middleton married Diana's eldest son Prince William.
13. "If you do not buy this magazine, we'll kill this dog", the magazine «National Lampoon», January 1973Although the cover is not as scandalous as the previous ones, it is moved by the public to their pronounced hint of cruelty to animals. Besides, this is not a photomontage, so this shot so many stir.
15. The first president of the gay, «Newsweek», May 21, 2012On this cover over the head of President Barack Obama flaunts halo rainbow of colors, symbolizing the protection of the president of the gay community and the promotion of same-sex marriages. The author suggested that perhaps the president himself gay?
16. Britney Spears, the magazine «Rolling Stone», April 1999Prior to becoming a target of the paparazzi, Britney Spears was the "Queen of adolescents." At least that's what it was called the magazine «Rolling Stone» in his room in April 1999. In that year, many thought that this image was too old and bold for a 17-year-old girl.
17. Silhouette of the twin towers, the magazine «The New Yorker», September 24, 2001
Art Spiegelman has created this cover for the magazine «The New Yorker», where he worked 10 years, but from which resigned a few days after the September 11 attacks. Initially cover seems completely black, but, if you look, you can see the silhouette of skyscrapers exploded Sept. 11, 2001. Cover has been unanimously approved and placed in the top 40 best covers in the history.